Monday, November 30, 2009

November

November has been a busy month and I cannot believe it's over!!!  We started off with my 25th b-day on the 5th which was a lot of fun!  My buddy, Kali, took me out for frozen yogurt and then she (and her hubby and little girl) brought over pizza for dinner later that day.  We enjoyed the pizza and a yummy cake and then the adults went to a church play that evening.  The play was a bit lame, but it was nice to get out without the kids for a brief moment.

Richard and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 16th of November.  Speaking of time flying!  We had a great day and even managed to go out to dinner (thanks again to Kali!!!).

Here is a classic shot the morning after we got engaged.  That was quite a night and we are lucky to be alive from the all night drive to Utah after I had already stayed up all night the night before for grad night and then had my graduation.  Crazy!!!

Taylor helped me bake some goodies for the YW presidency and showed off her great ability to look fabulous under any circumstances...


Dakota had to jump in the shot as usual :).


Taylor was involved in her school's Thanksgiving performance.  She looked so cute dressed up as a little pilgrim girl.  My plan was to record her performance but there were so many parents that decided to stand up and get in the aisles during their songs that I could hardly see my daughter to watch her, let alone record her.  But I did get some good pics afterwards.





Taylor and her good friend Timmy on the Mayflower.


Richard happened to have Thanksgiving off this year because it fell on his normal 'weekend'.  It was his first Thanksgiving with his family in about 4 years!  The morning of Thanksgiving I had my first 5K.  It was SO fun!  I worked really hard to get ready for it and it felt really good to set a goal and then actually accomplish it.  I am hooked and plan to do one every 3-4 months or so and then try to do a 10K next Thanksgiving.  Richard, Cooper, my Mom, and Dad came to support me.  It was great to see them at the finish line!

Waiting to get started.


Cooper was giving me a little hug, such a sweet boy, he definitely loves his mama!








Sprinting to the finish line!





My official time was 31:44 and I came in 289th place out of 480 people. :)

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and the kids had a blast running around with cousins!  We headed home Friday morning and the kiddos were pooped!
I think we are about a block away from Gene/Millie's in this shot!


Taylor decided to finally get sick so we have been lying low this weekend.  She gets a really nasty cough that hits her at night and she literally coughs for hours until it finally makes her throw up.  Then she/we can all get some sleep.  Cough medicine doesn't seem to help her at all.  She was pretty good last night and I kept her home from school today to give her one more day to recover.  Cooper's nose started running today and I feel like I have a pretty gnarly head cold coming on.  Hopefully it will quickly run its course and we will all be better in no time!  December here we come!!!


2 comments:

Randy said...

taylor makes a dang cute pilgrim!!

Leanne said...

Congratulations on the 5K! looking good too, I might add!

What an adorable little pilgrim and little lovey boy with his mama. glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe it's December already! NO SNOW!!!!!