Monday, August 24, 2009

Wash it down with a tall glass of...liquid wrench?!!!

Dakota's done it again!  We were at Gene/Millie's yesterday and the kids were playing outside.  Dakota came in with a look of panic on her face.  I assumed she just really had to go to the bathroom until she said, "I just swallowed something."  She was talking weird and coughing strangely and her breath REEKED of gasoline!  I freaked out, Rich ran outside and grabbed the bottle, and we drove to the ER in a flurry (I didn't even have shoes on!)!  Liquid Wrench is designed to loosen corroded metal or metal parts that are stuck together.  We got into the ER, they called poison control.  They wanted to do a chest Xray and observe her for 6 hours.  She also had to stay in an upright position.  By the way, this all went down at about 6pm.  The following day was supposed to be Taylor's first day of school.  Dakota and I hunkered down in her room and enjoyed a Scooby Doo marathon.  She was under the care of an excellent nurse who kept her entertained as well.  
Richard headed back to his parent's house to get Cooper and Taylor situated for the night.  Dakota was doing so well and her chest Xray was clear so they sent her home after about 3 and a half hours.  It was around 10:30pm, we decided to throw the kids in the car and head for home so that Tay could attend her first day of school.  We got home at about 12:30am.  Dakota woke up and said, "I'm going to be sick, I'm going to be sick!!!"  I ran her into the bathroom and she threw up (the smell of gasoline filled the bathroom).  We followed up with her pediatrician today and Koty received a clean bill of health.  Thank goodness!  I am so grateful that she is okay, it could have been REALLY bad.  Oh Dakota!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa... you never have a day off. I am so glad everything is ok.

Leanne said...

That is so scary!! I'm glad everything was alright.

Wow!the fact that she told you that she swallowed something helps, and the sick part. nothing like making it in time though.

Ashley Benning said...

WOW!!! I am stunned. How scary! I'm so glad she's ok.