Things are plugging along. The dog is doing really well, the kids are being kids, and my mono seems to be easing up a bit!
Cooper was using and upside down laundry basket as a support for standing. Somehow he slipped and whacked/slid his face on it as he fell and was gushing blood. He cut the part of his mouth where there is that little attachment from the gums to his lip, cut his gum where one of his front teeth was trying to push through, and took a chunk out of his gum next to that. Poor boy. He handled it very well. Once I got the bleeding to stop I was able to take a good look at the damage and decided I should call the doctor just in case. The attachment cut was pretty deep and gnarly looking and I thought that he might need a stitch or two. I was advised to go to Urgent Care to be safe and fortunately they said he was fine and it would go back together just fine. This all happened yesterday and today it is dramatically improved. Little ones heal so quickly.
This picture has nothing to do with his incident, he is just cute.
My little Dakota has been having a really difficult go lately. She just rages and tantrums like no kid I've seen before. She has an extremely difficult time controlling her impulses and Cooper, or anyone else for that matter, feels the brunt of it. I haven't found this kid's "currency" yet and some days I just don't know what to do for her. It's like she's a tormented little soul and I don't know how that is possible at such a young age. We are hoping that a lot of it, she will grow out of, but I don't know. She has had a really bad spell lately. Poor girl. Maybe the move has really thrown her off, although she really seems to like the house and the freedom of the yard...I just don't know, I feel bad for the little lady. On a positive note, we are potty training and she is doing GREAT! I'm so proud of her and can't believe how well she is doing. She is very proud of herself too and loves to run out (when she is done in the bathroom) and yell to Richard, "I DID IT!!! I WENT POTTY LIKE A BIG GIRL!!!"
A funny story to record for posterity...
After a yummy meal of hotdogs, Dakota and Cooper and I were playing down the hall in Coop's room. I had to run out of the room for a quick second (I can't leave them alone for long at all) when I hear Dakota yelling. "Oh no! Cooper's ding-ding broke! His ding-ding is broken! Mommy!" In a panic, I run into the room expecting to see a disturbing scene. Cooper was in his diaper still and all looked well so I couldn't figure out why she was freaking out so badly. She handed me something and I couldn't figure out what it was for a second until I realized a small piece of the end of a hotdog had fallen into Cooper's diaper while he was eating. As he crawled around, it became dislodged and fell onto the floor. Poor Koty thought a piece of his "ding-ding" had fallen off and therefore must be broken. I laughed and laughed at that one and was incredibly relieved that that was the outcome!
Here is my little monkey after decorating herself with chalk,
she obviously wasn't as amused with her new look as I was!
I love this little man.
My little beauties all ready for church.
That's about it, the Summer heat is finally beginning so I need to figure out some things to do that will be fun and also keep us cool, otherwise I think everyone might become a bit stir crazy. Any ideas?
6 comments:
haha that is a good story. maybe you should make popsicles and go run in the sprinklers. i dont know what you do out in bakersfield? i guess you need to come for a visit and go to the beach again. clark says you should get a kiddie pool.
I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, and about Cooper's injuries. It is so scary when they are so young. Sounds like you handled it well. I love your new blog!
We enjoy running in sprinklers, we also have a kiddie pool that is too small for the boys now, but they still love to splash in it for fun, throw ball in it etc... they have recently found out the joy of squirt guns. Patrick likes to "water plants" he shoots the leaves and Reuben likes to water Patrick's head. Reuben really wants a slip 'n slide, he played on one at 2 different parties and now that's his new desire.
those kiddos are pretty darn cute!!
Hi Lisa! Not sure how this works or if you'll get this but Richard told me I could get your address. Heather is getting married in Nov. (in the temple!)and wanted to send you an invitation. You can send to mauilady10@gmail.com. Your kids are so cute!!!
Take care,
Mary Full
Lisa! It's Herm (Amanda Homan - now Lewis : ))
How are you?! I was so happy to find your blog through Loni's - your kids are ADORABLE!!!
I was at Herm(Rachel)'s house the other night and she was telling me all about how awesome your family is. She LOVES DAKOTA and thinks she is the silliest girl!
Anyways...I am so happy to have found you!
All my best : )
Post a Comment